Common Response Headers¶
The following describes some of the common response lines returned by h5serv.
- Status Line: the first line of the ressponse will always by: “
HTTP/1.1” followed by
- a status code (e.g. 200) followed by a reason message (e.g. “
OK”). For errors, an additional error message may be included on this line.
- Content-Length: the response size in bytes.
- Etag: a hash code that indicates the state of the requested resource. If the client
- sees the same Etag value for the same request, it can assume the resource has not changes since the last request.
- Content-Type: the mime type of the response. Currently always “